Thursday, October 1, 2015



Mercedes Benz C111/I Concept Car

The 1969 Mercedes Benz C111/I was used to test various engines, the Wankel (rotary) engines, superchargers, turbochargers and diesel engines and configurations. However, Damiler-Benz decided on a rear mid-mounted, naturally aspirated three rotor 1.8 Liter engine that could accelerate the car from 0 to 60mph in just 4.7 seconds. The C111/I's experimental engine could reach a speed of 160mph. The car featured a fiberglass body, gull-wing doors, leather upholstery, climate control and air conditioning.
If you're thinking wasn't that the famous 1970 Mercedes-Benz C111/I concept car?
It's not, the 1970 Concept car was the C111/II and the 1969 Concept car was the C111/I. Kind of looks like the DeLorean, don't you agree?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it will be reviewed and posted promptly